Thursday, July 31, 2014

The "this" ... Be Happy...

Some folks can't start over because they never began in the first place.
They simply went along with the "program".
If you're wallowing in self pity about all that is freakin' wrong and you haven't made a proactive move on your own behalf..
Then it's time to get off the damn pot.
Sometimes folks get damn comfortable in shitty situations. .
Especially those that if they just breathe a little fresh air into their lives things just might change.
This ish called life is FOR LIVING!!!
On her deathbed my mother kept asking when would I learn HOW TO LIVE??
See I had survival down pat. Heck its what I was trained for. Last of 7 of depression era born parents.
My mother dried and reused paper towels. Yes I know the mechanics of survival. Add 7 of the formative years in the Jamaican countryside.
I know too many ways to bring a chicken from coop to table.
Yet, living didnt come until I released myself to do so.
I had been existing on the energy of others.. yes I helped them but was growing yet stifling myself at the same time.
Their concerns and needs were more important than mine.
Happiness. . What was that? As long as others were smiling I was cool.
It was somewhere before death and possible insanity that clarity said HEY... you want to do this or what??
The "this" ... Be Happy...
Wanting to go somewhere dont mean jack until the journey begins..
You dont need all your ish to start over.. take the important papers.
Anything needed to identify..qualify and verify your existence..
Sometimes you truly have to be a ninja... it could be broad day light.. they see you leaving.
They just don't recognize that this time.. you're gone.
See when you actually start to live.. it doesnt matter that you don't have "comforts" all that matters is
PEACE OF MIND....
So if you're at that point where you've run out of excuses for making a difference in YOUR LIFE...
Look in the freakin' mirror.. is that a happy face??
If you cant honestly smile back at you and be grateful to be alive..
Then MAKE THAT CHANGE IN YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment