Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Where would the balance be????

In looking back at the post that asked folks if they would pick the red or the blue pill.
One for mastery of music, the other for mastery of language. 
Ive gotten a few laughs today.

Having spent a great deal of time with "gifted" people I know of the stress and weight of having too many gifts..

I remember the early years of asking the Most High to release me from "seeing" and "hearing" things that others didnt... for a moment He complied... along with it went all the other natural gifts that I had been given...

So yes I can imagine being overwhelmed with the creative urges that being able to play every single instrument would entail....

I can imagine never having a moment of quiet in my mind because I can literally communicate in every single language...

Some things seem like they would be great burdens to bear but they all have consequences.

Where would the balance be????

Would there actually be any rest???

See all these things go into my mind when we speak of having and appreciating much more than we have been given.

Ive been blessed with the ability that no matter what language a tourist would speak while in NYC... I was always able to get them to where they wanted to go..

Ive been blessed with friends, acquaintances and associates who just happen to play darn near every instrument under the sun... would I want that all in one person????.. NO....

I like the choices that the Most High has presented... the world is made up of artists, performers and Thank G-d - AUDIENCES!!!!

Im blessed that they are from all over the world and bring with them native tongues and customs that come with the flavor of the region and the spirit of the people.

Maybe I think too much, yet Ive also been blessed to know Autistic Savants... some from childhood...as they were discovering what was going on... some who are now adults... yet their families still just want a hug... some acknowledgement that they emotionally exist to these geniuses

Value what you have.. be careful what you wish for and most of all... work well for what you actually want to contribute to the universe...

Quick fixes never bring lasting pleasures... #BeGrateful

No comments:

Post a Comment