Thursday, May 29, 2014

Yuh Dey Pon Yuh Journey!!! One Love

You know it's sad when you really realize that you have loved someone until the death of them. The Most High has a way of giving you some measure of balance to things if you are paying attention.
Later on this evening, the cremated remains of our daughter's Father will be eulogized. He wanted a big party and Im sure they will do him justice tonight...

We were blessed with 25 years of shared parenthood.
We knew our strengths and weaknesses. We stayed our of each other's way.
It was at times comical and nerve wracking over the years as they went head to head. I could only imagine the moments when she displayed the traits and mannerisms lovingly cultivated in her youth by ME..... 
"Wally", Arthur W. Smith to the rest of the world.. was my friend, from the age of 17.
Im the Pisces, he the Virgo. I was and remain, the quiet side of his life.
He didnt read poetry with everyone. LOL
Our spiritual link never subsided, our respect for each other was quite well maintained over the years. He has always been in my heart.
I don't worry about missing you. You were tired and so ready. 
Forever my friend, always my love and a true partner in parenthood. He did his thing... I did mine. 
Hartford / Bloomfield, Ct.
Celebration of the Life for ARTHUR W. SMITH (Wally, A.W., A-Dubs)
Aug 26, 1965 - May 21, 2014

Thurs May 29th at 6pm
First Congregational Church 10 Wintonbury Ave Bloomfield Ct.
Repast at VIBZ
Wear Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment